Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunday Musings

Today was a refreshing and renewing type of Sunday - the kind that prompts you to sink your feet into the cool grass and look up at the sky while tiny raindrops splatter your face. So, that is exactly what we did, until heaven unleashed its fury and the raindrops became the size of marbles. Then we scurried inside the house and continued to watch Mother Nature's impressive Sunday evening show through our windows.

But before that, I had a soul-filling day at church. It was one of those Fast Sundays that made an indelible impression on my heart and made me think of things in a new way. The recurring themes: gratitude, and changing one's life for the better. It seems like there are others who have also decided it is time to wake up and remember what is really important in life, and it was inspiring to hear their stories.

As I sat there on my comfortably padded bench, I briefly entertained the thought of going up there myself and sharing some of my feelings and beliefs. But as soon as the thought entered my mind, it whirled around and ran away with its tail between its legs. Public speaking makes me want to lose my lunch, and when I do muster up the courage to walk up to the podium, what ends up coming out of my mouth sounds a lot like somebody's lost lunch. Word vomit. Public speaking is definitely not my strong point. But that's ok, because today was a day to "fill up my bucket", rather than trying to fill up someone else's. Sometimes Sundays are like that. And those are the Sundays we tend to remember with our hearts as well as our minds.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way Shells. I haven't gotten the guts to go up there willingly in a very long time. Thanks for sharing. You're writing is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alicia! I am so excited that you are my first commenter! One of these days I will get up and bear my testimony if you decide you're going to do it too. ;)

    ReplyDelete